Special Edition Cointreau Box Golden Ticket Promotion
Terms and Conditions
By participating in the #1Orange1Tree Special Edition Cointreau Box Golden Ticket promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is open to UK residents aged over 18, excluding employees of the Promoter and Liberty London and all those professionally associated with this promotion.
- The promotion will run from 14th November 2016 and the winning code must be submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions before the time set out in paragraph 11
How to Participate
- To participate in the promotion and for a chance to win the golden ticket prize visit the Liberty London store and purchase a Special Edition Cointreau Box.
- Each Special Edition Cointreau Box will contain:
- a limited edition bottle of Cointreau Liberty ;
- a candle;
- a jigger; and
- a leaflet giving more information about the #1Orange1Tree campaign.
- The Promoter will issue 50 Special Edition Cointreau Boxes for sale by Liberty London.
- There is no restriction on the number of boxes you may purchase.
The Promotor’s Promise
- For every Special Edition Cointreau Box purchased, the Promoter shall fund the planting of 50 trees in Senegal (subject to the maximum number set out below). The trees shall be orange and/or mangrove trees.
- The Promoter undertakes to fund the planting of a maximum of 15,000 trees in total for the purposes of all #1Orange1Tree campaigns (including the Special Edition Cointreau Box promotion in the UK and elsewhere in the world and the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram campaigns).
The Golden Ticket Prize
- In return for your purchase of a Special Edition Cointreau Box, as well as funding the planting of trees as set out in these terms and conditions, the Promoter is offering participants the chance to win a trip to Senegal to plant an orange or mangrove tree in support of the promotion.
- To win the prize you must find the golden ticket. One golden ticket is available and will be hidden in one of the 50 Special Edition Cointreau Boxes released for sale by the Promoter via Liberty London during the promotion period.
- To claim the prize you must email the winning code (which shall be printed on the golden ticket) to the Promoter at email@example.com before 6:00 PM on 31 July 2017. If you do not notify the Promoter of the winning code within the timeframes mentioned in this paragraph, or if you otherwise fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to disqualify you and not award the prize.
- The prize comprises:
- a return economy flight for you and a friend from a UK airport to Senegal (note that the flight may not be direct);
- 6 nights’ accommodation at a 3 star or 4 star hotel;
- airport transfers in Senegal to and from the accommodation;
- Meals are not included into the prize;
- the opportunity to plant one orange or mangrove tree in support of the #1Orange1Tree campaign;
- Transfers from airport to the hotel are included.
- Unless expressly set out in the prize details above, travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports, accommodation, food and drink, spending money, tax, personal expenses or any other costs that are incidental to the prize are not included, and shall be the responsibility of the winners.
- The exact dates of the trip will be agreed with you in advance but must be taken between 1st August 2017 and 30st September 2017. Certain travel dates may not be available.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that you and any person travelling with you hold valid passports and any necessary visas and travel documents for the trip on the travel dates agreed.
- There is no cash alternative for the prize, and the prize is non-negotiable or transferable. If you do not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize shall be forfeited and neither cash nor compensation will be provided in lieu of that element of the prize.
- By participating in this promotion, you consent to the Promoter using your name and country of residence to publicise if you are the winner of the prize.
- If you win the prize, you shall at the Promoter’s request, participate in reasonable promotional activity surrounding the winning of the prize for no further consideration. You consent to the Promoter using your name and images in its promotional material (including all social media channels).
- You further agree that any personal information provided by you on winning the prize may be held and used by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the promotion and award the prize.
Exclusion of Liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by you arising from participating in the promotion or from accepting the prize, whether due to any error, omission by the Promoter or its employees, agents or others or by any other cause.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any damage or loss caused to you: (i) which is not reasonably foreseeable; or (ii) which is reasonably foreseeable but is not directly related to you participating in the promotion or accepting the prize.
- The Promotor will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by events outside of its control including acts of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic, strike, labour dispute, illness, compliance with laws or governmental orders, failure of any utilities or suppliers or breakdown of any transportation or machinery.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter may in its sole discretion:
- disqualify winners of the prize that are deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions, or whose conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the promotion into disrepute;
- suspend or withdraw the promotion or the golden ticket competition, or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted in an updated version of these terms and conditions; or
- provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales (without prejudice to any rights you have under local laws which cannot be excluded).
- The Promoter is Remy Cointreau UK Limited (company number: 08129324) whose registered office is at Mazars LLP, the Pinnacle, 160 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK9 1FF.
- For more information about the promotion please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org